My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Saturday...

And company is on the way. Easy company, though - all kinds of friends are coming for the weekend. We are going to enjoy some yummy food, delicious beverages, play a whole bunch, and blow shit up. Doesn't get any better than that, in my humble opinion.

So yesterday and today have been a whirlwind of preparation. The patio's prepped, I've got plenty of beer, wine, and the fixin's for Mojitos. Brats, Dogs, Ribs, Hot Artichoke Dip, Mmmmmmm...

And I would have been in a world of hurt yesterday if it hadn't been for a kind soul who saved my bacon (both literally and figuratively). After I finished dropping big $$$ at the grocery store, I was getting ready to load it all into Hubby's truck (that I never drive). So I opened the driver's door, set my purse on the seat, hit the button to unlock all of the cab doors and shut the door.

You guessed it.

I had locked them all instead. Purse, keys, cell phone.... all of it locked in the truck. And all of my groceries outside of the truck. Arrrrggghhhhhhh!!!!! Can you say despair???

Anyway, a few moments later this very nice man (Rob) pulled up in his Honda Pilot and offered me the use of his phone, and then a ride. He drove me all the way home to get the spare key and then all the way back to the store so I could get my groceries home. So here's a big shout out -
THANKS ROB!!!! I OWE YOU!!
The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. I am ready for a weekend filled with good food, good fun, and explosives. And if you find yourself in my neck of the woods on the fourth - feel free to drop by! Just shoot me an email and I'll give you the particulars.

The parade starts at 1pm and we spend the rest of the afternoon just chillin' and grillin' until it's time to walk up to the park for the fireworks. It's always a great time. Here's hoping that your weekend is a fine one as well. And if you ever lock your keys in you car - I hope a "Rob" is there for you too....