My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

And sometimes....

God says "No."

Shit.

Sometimes the miracles end, only to be renewed... Sometimes, there is a "grace period"..... And sometimes GOD says "No."

I just hope that this is *not* one of those times....... I really do. I believe in prayer. But sometimes I fear the answers....

I am hedging my bets and I've booked a flight. It's time to go and be more than just moral support over the phone. Not that I can do much, mind you. But sometimes you just have to show up and do what little you can.

I am ugly when I cry... And I have been having a hard time not crying of late... Shit. Cancer sucks.

Update: 6-7-06 It looks now like I will not be in time. The tide may turn, but we are not all that optimistic and this has been a very rapid decline. Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers. Uncle Ben will have many people who love him around him in the coming days, and if he rallies - all the better. One way or the other I know I will see him again...