My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Monday, June 05, 2006

Just for fun...

Stolen from Dash... who stole it from El Capitan....

30 Random Questions

Feel Free To Steal This Idea. I did!

Because I have nothing really blog worthy right now... And hey! Fun is a good thing to have on a Monday. Right??

1. Have you ever been searched by the cops?
Nope. I have always been in the right place at the right time here...

2. Do you close your eyes on roller coaster?
Uh.... I think a better question would be "Can you get me on a roller coaster?" And the short answer is "No." Every time I *have* been on one I always regret it... about half way through. Ugh.

3. When's the last time you've been sledding?

Last year. Again, I generally regret it about half way down the hill. But the kids have a BLAST! And that's what matters in my book...

4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone?
Oh *with* someone (preferably my Hubby). Definitely. I do not sleep very well alone...

5. Do you believe in ghosts?
Absolutely.

6. Do you consider yourself creative?
I guess so. Not holding a candle to the creative power of oh, say my Mother. But I can definitely be creative at times. Especially in the kitchen, coming up with party ideas, and mosaic tiling.... I loooooove mosaic tiling.

7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife?
I think he was capable. But the timeline of events still doesn't quite fit for me. I do believe he was involved.

8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?
Well, I *like* Jennifer Aniston more, for sure. I would love to have her over for cocktails and conversation. Jolie just strikes me as weird... Hello! Billy Bob and the vial of blood thing?? And she and her brother at the Oscars a couple of years ago?? That's a bit much for me.

9. Can you honestly say you know ANYTHING about politics?
Yes. Enough to be both hopeful and disgusted by the whole thing.

10. Do you know how to play poker?
Oh yes. Deal me in!

11. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?
Definitely. Can you say motherhood? It happens...

12. What's your favorite commercial?
I have to agree with Dash here... "That Superbowl "Herding Cats" one from a few years ago." And I loved the Budweiser Clydesdales paying homage to 9-11, bowing their heads in the direction of the (former) twin towers.


13. Who was your first love?
He knows who he is... Hubby has golfed with him... And he occasionally shows up at my parents house while I am there visiting. His nickname was Opie - (God help me...).

14. If you're driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around you, do you run a red light?
No. I usually wait.

15. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you?
I'm sure I do... But I have a natural defense mechanism that makes me instantly forget secrets. Even my own...

16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees?
Baseball? Don't really care. I grew up in a Denver Bronco household and I currently live in a Sooner household (I'm an Okie-in-law). I grew up in Wyoming... There's no baseball in Wyoming... (Well, not the *real* kind.)

17. Have you ever been Ice Skating?
Yes. And as you get older, gravity is more and more frightening. Ice is HARD, people!

18. How often do you remember your dreams?
Very often. Usually they are nightmares though, which kinda sucks.

19. What's the one thing on your mind?
Creating absolute financial stability. And raising my girls to have absolute belief in their talents and abilities.

20. Do you always wear your seat belt?
Not every second. But more often than not... (Don't tell my Mom...)

21. What talent do you wish you had?
Music. I wish I could sight-read music.

22. Do you like Sushi?
No. Sorry. Raw fish is "bait" in my book.

23. What do you wear to bed?
Satin Jammies (if it's cold), otherwise just a long tee shirt or a tank top.

24. Do you truly hate anyone?
There are a few people to whom I would refuse hospitality. (And between you and me - that's a big deal.) A very few. But I would neither break bread with them nor allow them into my home.

25. If you could sleep with one famous person, who would it be?
Hmmmmm. Hugh Jackman, I guess. But only if I could purchase the "plastic surgery for a day" package or have a "stunt" me... Not that I want to change who I fundamentally am... But because I would want to have no inhibitions or self consciousness. (Two kids, mid 30's, people... I have both.)

26. Do you know anyone in jail?
No.

27. What food do you find disgusting?
Liver, brussel sprouts, chitlins, lots of stuff they eat on survivor.... Fortunately, I am *head* cook around here...

28. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back?
Yes. But only if I would be willing to say the same exact thing to their face.

29. Have you ever been punched in the face?
Nope. But I did land a good roundhouse once. He deserved it...

30. Do you believe in angels and demons?
I believe that Evil and Good co-exist in the world. And I belive that certain people can be inherently evil and non-redeemable and that some people are angels, sent to us at a time of need.

So there you go. 30 random things. Here's hoping the start to your week is a good one!