My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Company...

Came a day early! Yay!

I am hosting quite a few folks this weekend - it is time for the annual Oscar Party after all. Going strong after eight years - whoohoo!

My good friend Steph arrived las night, avoiding the crap weather that was supposed to hit St. Louis today and we get an extra day to dink around and have fun!! Many of the usual suspects will be here along with a few new to the party.

Me? I am working on the menu. Imagine that... So far locked in are:
  • Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
  • Taco dip & chips
  • Hot Artichoke Dip
  • Chilled Spinach dip with crusty artisan bread
  • mini Reuben Sandwiches
  • Boursin and Crab stuffed Mushrooms
  • Buffalo wings
  • and the BEST ribs in the World from a specialty shop in St. Louis - Baumann's Fine Meats
I am also planning a nice veggie tray, delicious potato soup, and various fruits and other things for a chocolate fondue. And I am sure a couple more goodies with make their way onto the menu as well.

Snark and Snacks - that's what the Oscars are all about around here. Snark and Snacks.

So I am off - lots to do and it's time to get cracking!

Oh! And the tanning yesterday?? Well, I went in for four *whole* minutes - and I am a teeny pink. I felt just as ridiculous as I expected to, and it *was* a little disconcerting. But I will go back. Three minutes this time. I am the cook-ER not the cook-EE after all... ; )