My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Oscar Night...

And we are getting prepped...

  • Comfy jammie pants? check.
  • Good girlfriends coming over to giggle with? check.
  • Movie to root for? well, not yet. We saw half of Crash and we are planning to watch Walk the Line this afternoon. So, half a check.
  • Snark fully loaded? check.
  • Yummy menu of goodies planned? check.
  • Delicious adult beverages available? check.

So there you have it. All that is now required is the final prep of the goodies and getting the house work and girls all squared away so I can indulge. And what is on the menu, you ask?

Well, I am making my Blue Cheese Appetizer Pizza, Boursin and Crab Stuffed Mushrooms, fresh queso dip (with white mexican farmers cheese), hot wings, delicious gourmet grilled sausage with various condiments, and fresh veggies with dip. Yes, I am (or at least will be) a happy camper.

I hope that Jon Stewart is actually funny and that there are some good moments. I *doubt* that I will make it all the way to see Best Picture awarded, but that's okay. The "pre-game" stuff is always more fun for me anyway.

Anyway, my picks are:

  • Crash for best picture (though I think that Brokeback Mountain will win)
  • Terrence Howard (Hustle and Flow) for best actor
  • Matt Dillon (Crash) for best supporting actor
  • Reese Whitherspoon (Walk the Line) for best actress
  • Michele Williams (Brokeback Mountain) for best supporting actress

I pretty much expect Brokeback Mountain to win a LOT! (Hollyweird loves to be all embracing of the subversive). I also won't be surprised if Phillip Seymour Hoffman or Heath Ledger win best actor. I don't know. Don't really care... I am here for the snark and the snacks. Oh and to see what Dolly Parton wears to the Oscars... (she is nominated for best original song for "Travelin' Thru" featured in Transamerica.)

Here's hoping your evening will be as fun as mine! Whoohoo!