My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Nuggets? Ugh...

Having my cup of tea this morning enjoying a quick surf around the 'net before I have to head out, I check the school lunch menu to see if I am going to need to pack a lunch for the girls today.

On the menu for Wednesday March 1st:
Fish Nuggets
sun chips
cole slaw
apple slices
cookie

Fish nuggets? Fish nuggets? Oh no. No no no. Fish doesn't come in a nugget. A stick yes, a filet, even better. But a nugget? No way. They have finally beat us into accepting chicken in "nugget" form. I will not stand for fish being drug down the same path. Fish comes in sticks and that's final.

Needless to say, I'm making PB&J for the girls.... Fish nuggets.... what are they thinking?

And making me smile this morning, I keep saying "cup o tea" in my best Eliza Doolittle accent.... I need more caffeine, I think.