My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Friday, March 03, 2006

Friday

And might I just say, thank heavens! I am ready for the weekend.

My friend Steph is coming up from St. Louis today to spend the weekend and that promises to be really fun. We are continuing a six year tradition of getting together and watching critiquing the Oscars. And she is bringing me a box of steaks (filets) from my favorite meat shop in the U.S. -- Baumann's Fine Meats. (Near the corner of Manchester and Brentwoood -- right across the street from Schnucks) If you are ever in St. Louis, you have to go and get some steaks and a slab or two of his dry rubbed smoked ribs. He has the most delicious things for carnivores. But I digress....

I haven't seen any of the movies, don't really need to. For Steph and I it's all about having yummy hors d' oeuvres and marveling at the fact that these "perfect" women (with all the money and designers and assistance [stylists] at their disposal) can still manage to have zero taste/sense when it comes to picking a dress to wear.

What?!? I admit it! I'm a girl. Sometimes we like to look at and talk about pretty dresses....

Anyway, happy Friday to you as well! Oh! And here is a great way to waste time get your artistic enrichment for the day...

http://www.sandfantasy.com/videoclips/videoclips.htm