My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Monday, February 11, 2008

10 Years Ago

Ten years ago today, the movie Titanic was nominated for 14 Oscars. (I'm King of the World!!!)

The DOW hit a record high of 8,295.61 (Whoohoo!)

The Clinton Administration was rallying allies in support of a strike on Iraq in the event that Saddam Hussein would not allow unrestricted U.N. inspections of suspected weapons-building sites. (Imagine that...)

The Olympics were being held in Nagano, Japan - Today's events: Cross Country Skiing, Curling, Men's and Women's Hockey, Women's Luge, Snowboarding Men's and Women's Halfpipe, and Women's Speedskating 3000m. (No figure skating - they must have known I was going to be indisposed...)

And I couldn't be concerned with any of those things. I was busy... It was Sporta's day to arrive.

And while you never know when her "Inner Imp" is going to come out...



She makes me proud every day to be her Mom.


Happy Birthday Sporta!! You've come a long way, kiddo! And we have a ways yet to go.... Whoohoo double digits!!