My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Suburban Blizzard


And we are most certainly snowed in...

It's pretty bad out there, kids. And I for one am happy not to have to go anywhere today.

Sporta and Computa requested pancakes for breakfast. (Oops! Sorry!! We are out of syrup!) But they settled for biscuits and sausage gravy. (Whew! The day is saved!) We have three movies ready to be watched (yay Blockbuster online and my Blu-Ray queue!!) Sky High (seen it- it's cute!), Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (haven't seen it), and Fantastic Four (seen it, seen it, seen it...)

Either way we *will* be entertained.

In other news, I got these in the mail the other day!


Certainly not appropriate footwear for my date with the snowblower later, but still. Cute, comfortable, and more than ready to carry me through tropical climes. I just need to get there.

I should probably start digging out now. Is it wrong to shovel snow while listening to calypso music?? I hope not.