My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Friday, April 27, 2007

Round and round...

...and back again.

It has just been one of those weeks.

The field trip went fine - though I had that moment of epiphany about 2.5 seconds into the bus ride. That "Holy crap - what have I gotten myself into??" epiphany. Someday, maybe I should learn something.

Anyhoo - we got to our destination (The Discovery Center) and I discovered that my camera batteries were dead. Ah well, non-digital memory will just have to suffice. It was all pretty fun in a "squirrel herding" kind of way.

Afterwards a yummy lunch was had at a great Japanese restaurant . Picture for a moment 85 nine year olds spread out over 10 tables watching a Japanese chef flip, dice, sautee, chop and flame all sorts of yummy goodness. I thought the kid next to me was going to pass out from the sheer ecstasy of it all - dude, you never saw fire before?? He was waaaay excited.

Right up until it was time to eat. Ahhhh... then? Not so much.

I'll give Sporta credit though - she raved about the food. Raved! And was asking when we could return before the lunch was even finished. That's my girl... So even though I spent the majority of my time schlepping kids back and forth to the bathroom...
"Mrs. D!! Mrs. D!!! - Did you know that the soap automatically squirts right into your hand?? This place is freeking AWESOME!"

"That's nice Jimmy - now maybe you should try some of the food!"

"Uh - I'll just have some rice...."
Culture - you just can't get enough. You should see these kids go through cheese and summer sausage though. It's a trip.

So anyhoo, we survived the field trip and made it home to continue the freekyness of getting the house ready to show. Oh joy. And just as we were bugging out - I noticed a nice black truck parked out front.

Oh goodie, the lookees were here.

So as we left we said hello - nice couple. Though they looked way to young to be *driving* let alone buying a whole house... I must be getting old.

So now, how to end this ramble... Right - Happy Friday! I am off to put more scratch into the girls therapy fund, and garner more supplies for the afore mentioned dreaded Open House, and to look for my sanity. I seem to have dropped it somewhere.

Oh, and does anybody have a spare sense of humor I could borrow? I could use a bit more of that too... The "kind and gentle" mom needs to be resurrected. The crabby and harsh one is getting on my nerves...