My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Down outta the tree...

A new day has dawned and it's time to brush myself off, get centered, and get on with the tasks at hand. (Thanks for the kind comments last night y'all. They were appreciated...)

It's been one heck of a year and for no good reason the hits just keep on coming.

Uncle Ben continues to linger on. It's been nearly two months since they discovered that his cancer had returned with a vengance and he has been hospitalized nearly all of that time. He will not be going home.

He needs constant care and ever increasing morphine but he is apparently not ready to leave this earth. I pray that he does find peace with it soon, however. His agitation (also increasing) and paranoia make being there for him.... difficult.

My mother informed me that he was having a better day yesterday and they are taking one day at a time. Their plan is to be there indefinitely as he could pass at anytime. Uncle Ben will be with people who love him when death comes and that's good, though I know that both my parents are exhausted. And now they are each in turn going to be facing their own issues. ::sigh:: Like I said, the hits just keep on coming.

I am still trying to figure out what the hell I am supposed to "learn" from all of this. It would be nice if everything would just balance out for a while. The realist in me knows that that is not the way of things and I woke this morning with "The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World in my head. It's gotta be a sign. (Possibly of insanity, I know.... But I am going to go with it anyway.)

Meanwhile instead of concentrating on all of the crap things that have happened, I am going to try and focus on the good things. Even if I just have to think about homemade macaroni-n-cheese. It's a start. And it's Saturday. I love me some Saturday....