My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Ahhh... Sweet romance.....

I was reading this post over at This Mom Blogs and all I could think about was this video I saw a while back...



Oh yeah, I can relate to that.

Much like the last "race to in the bedroom" WxMan and I had recently.

I called him in to help with putting clean sheets on the bed. (It goes sooooo much faster with two people, you know?)

So we're working along, and I keep waiting for the inevitable, "Hey, do you want to break these sheets in later??" kind of question he usually asks. After I get done handing him all of the pillows and pillowcases we each need he says....

"Ready to go???"

And I look at him with a WTF face thinking, "Go where???" When I realize that he is trying to get the pillows into their cases as fast as he possibly can. Oh Shit! We're racing!!

So naturally, being that I am damn near as competitive as he is, I get after it too. I'll go a head and spoil it now.... I soooooo won. Hands down, no question. AND he had a head start! Heh.

So as I did the requisite neener neener boo boo dance while pointing at him, he ceded defeat and left the room with this parting shot...

"Damn, I'm gonna have to work on that. I was pathetic!!"

Go for it, Babe. You can make the bed any time you like. And just for the record? It's dead sexy when you do... Just sayin'....