My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Shhhhhhhh.....

You hear that?

Yeah - me either. Spring Break is officially over. O.V.E.R.

Thank Heavens.

Everybody went away today - kids to school, WxMan to work, and I am blissfully alone.

You know, I don't realize how much I crave my quiet until I am denied any for a while. Like 10 days... (Not that I was counting or anything.)

Now don't get me wrong, I would throw myself in front of a burning train to protect my family. Without hesitation! But it is sometimes very nice to know that I am not going to be having to do any pre-teen negotiations for a while (Holy hormones, Batman!) or pick up any Hubby clutter or fix anybody other than me lunch today.

:-)

That's nice.

And the house will stay picked up for six straight hours. Golden, that.

Now if it just wouldn't snow tonight.... But that's what I get for putting the boots away. Dang it.