My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Monday, February 05, 2007

Snow Froze Day...

And subsequently no school.

You know, the only time I *ever* remember school being called off when I was a kid, it was because of sub zero temperatures. As I recall, it was -40 to -60 with the wind chill for several days that winter in 1989. Not nearly as much fun as an actual "snow" day - but then, where I grew up we didn't get a whole lot of snow.
Sure, there was snow in the mountains (sometimes year 'round) but generally not a lot of snow in the yard... But I digress.

The girls, of course, are estatic - a "snow" day even without a couple of inches of fresh powder is something to savor. Heh. And they were beyond excited to see their school closing notice this morning (along with everybody else in the area). Even though we have been pretty cooped up the past couple of days.

Possibly, it is because I have my friend Roses boys here for the day and they are happily at war Wii bowling - Boys vs. Girls. I have no idea who is winning, there has been much screeching from both sides either in celebration or frustration. (Unlike a baby's cry - at this age it is hard to tell the difference.) They are enjoying themselves - that's what's important. And I have my MP3 player.

:-)

I cannot even tell you how much I love the Wii... It gets everybody up and jumping around (hello - energy burner!) and with it truly too farooking cold to be outside, it has been heaven sent. Possibly beyond...

So now I just have to come up with something fun to do this afternoon. Piece of cake, right? Too bad the sledding hill is out of the question.