My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Friday, February 02, 2007

Groundhog Day

And I understand that Punxsutawney Phil did *not* see his shadow, therefore predicting an early Spring.

All I can say is I freeking hope so.

It will take an early Spring just to thaw us out sufficiently after this cold snap we are having. I am shocked that my weather pixie doesn't look like Kenny from South Park right now.

Wait, I should check...

::back:: Hell, she's crazy - standing there in her little jacket. At least the dog that's there with her on occasion had the sense to go inside. Good grief. Sunny and 3 degrees? Bullshit.

Well, okay, I'll concede on the sunny part - it *is* sunny. I am basking in my little patch of sun right now while listening to the furnace work overtime. That wind out there is bitter. The wind chill has to have us in the negative double digits right now and it's getting colder as the day progresses. Once the sun goes down all bets are off. And I bet I'll still see a couple of High Schoolers (usually it's young men) walking home in shirtsleeves only. All that testosterone must keep you fellas warm...

Anyhoo, I'm about to go suit up (just to wait in the car!) and pick up the girls from school... If you don't hear from me soon send in the St. Bernards. (And remember to fill their casks, please!)

Happy Friday...