My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I think I need a new Superhero name.

My *old* Superhero name was Contusion Woman. (Well earned, as easily as I bruise).

And hey, name wise I got off easy! My best friend at the time was dubbed Neurotica for heaven's sake. Seriously. And just between you and me, that name was particularly well suited...

These days, and most especially today, I think my super hero name should be The Procrastinator. I have it down to a freekin' science, complete with well thought out arguments as to why it's a-ok to be procrastinating.

Not that I didn't get anything done - I did! I got the house vacuumed, a yummy lunch made, laundry done, bills paid, blogs read, phone talked, e-mail answered, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

But the Church Newsletter? Yeah... Not so done.

I know, I know - tomorrow's the first of the month and all. I'll get there. But man! For no good reason (not that my "procrastinator" reasons aren't good - the priest didn't even get his articles to me until yesterday - hell, *I'm* convinced) it's akin to pulling teeth today to get me to work on it. I'm like a fourth grader avoiding homework here...

Gah.

Time to get to work. Hopefully before the name sticks, anyway...