My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Monday, December 04, 2006

Opening Day on the Sledding Hill...

Oh yeah...



(For the record, K. and A. are leading the way going *up* the hill.)





And Mr. Bad Example made a request that I am happy to fulfill.
Richmond - if you get a chance, post pictures of that sledding hill.

People, let me tell ya, Richmond's town has one of THE best community sledding hills I've ever seen.
We do have a fabulous "official" sledding hill here in my town. It was an absolute selling point when we were "community shopping" before our move from Florida.

Though to be honest, I never envisioned it to be as great as it is...
























































The sledding hill was busy - but not too busy, which was nice...

The hill is steeper than it looks in the pictures, and has about a 200 yard run - complete with a little *BLIP* of a jump where you lose sight of your kid for a second when they go over the edge (and catch a little air, even) and then rocket into an adjoining field.

It's all sorts of fun.












So, if y'all find your way up in my neck of the woods, I'll make cocoa and we've got plenty of sleds!

Mother Nature and Gravity will take care of the rest...