My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Monday, November 20, 2006

Fortune Cookie Wisdom...

...from lunch yesterday.


Good beginning is half done.


So basically the cookie is telling me that I am behind, right? Or have I made a good beginning??

Hard to say at this point.

Huh. So either way having an unsolicited day off from work today is an advantage, in my book. I am going to finish cleaning (scrubbed the kitchen floor yesterday and steam cleaned the carpet - that feels good) and make The Trip.

The Trip to the store to gather the rest of the supplies that I will need for a fabulous Thanksgiving Feast. The least enjoyable part of the whole experience, in my opinion.

Really.

People start to get a little crazy out there this time of year and tensions can run high. I think I'll make my trip a little early today so as to avoid the most conflict. But now I have to decide where to go...

Do I take my battle to the tried and true ginormous Woodman's Market with it's dingy overcrowded isles and a decent knowledge of where things are??

Or do I brave the bright and shiny newness of the just opened Super WallyWorld Land where patrons wander the store, eyes glazed over from the sheer joy of having more Wal-Mart. Bigger. Newer. MORE...

Hmmmmm... We shall see...

Either way, I am going. If I am never heard from again you will know that I have been lost. Lost to the isles of the Super WallyWorld Land... Eyes glazed over...

MORE...

(Heh. Just so long as I don't forget the mushrooms, I'm all good.)