My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Monday, July 17, 2006

I'd like to get these ice picks removed...

...thanks!!

I guess the good news is that it feels like a major front is going to move through - hopefully knocking down some of the $%!# humidity. (It's 89 right now with a heat index of 104 - Gah!!) (updated: It's 97 right now with a heat index of 119 - Double Gah!!!)

The bad news is that I *know* that because it feels like I have ice picks embedded in both of my shoulders with alternating pain and numbness shooting into my hands. (And every so often an invisible sadist steps over and jiggles the damn things.... I call him Baromoto. Bastard.)


After taking a handful of Advil and checking the weather online - my suspicions (owie, owie, owie...) were confirmed. Severe storm watch until 10:00 pm CDT.

No sh*t, Sherlock.

So bring it on, Storm Gods!! Let's get this show on the road before I run out of ibuprofin (or reach around and stab Baromoto with one of these damn ice picks... If I could just get a grip on one....)

(And Heh - spell checker's suggestion for Baromoto was "barmaid." A good suggestion, that...)