My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Monday, March 06, 2006

Now, THAT'S a long drive....

Oh my.

So after I got off of work, Steph and my hubby met me for lunch before Steph had to get on the road to St. Louis. It was the perfect way to end our visit -- we had such a nice weekend. Good food, good visiting, much giggling, a bit of political discussion (she and I don't always see eye to eye, but we can generally agree to disagree when necessary), and lots of restful fun had by all.

Just before hubby and I pulled out of the lot, Steph flagged us down. She had left the car lights on and needed a jump start. No problemmo -- or so we thought. Hubby got her car started and with promises that she would call me when she got home (I'm a worrier, otherwise) off we all went.

She just called. Apparently the stereo in her car has a great anti theft mechanism... If it is cut off from it's power source, you need to log back in with the code in order for it to work. Dead battery = no power = needs code. The code, of course, is at her house in St. Louis. That means she gets 5 hours of music free joy [sarcasm] all the way through Illinois. Holy boring drive, Batman!

Needless to say, I told her I would call every half hour or so just to help break up the trip. I hope there aren't too many "dead zones" in Illinois...... Poor thing... I'm gonna go call her now...