My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Monday, July 14, 2008

Embracing teh suck...

Here at The Mayo Clinic there is a lot going on - they specialize in removing ugliness from people. Ugliness, illness, injury - they are in the business of eradicating bad bad stuff.

Folks here are afflicted with all manner of misfortune - some of it trying earnestly to kill them. Just people watching in the halls and plaza will give you pause - mostly of a "Hey - my life is going pretty good right now!" nature...

Seeing the children hit me pretty hard in places I am glad to be grateful for...

But there is beauty here too. I was actually quite surprised by the attempts made to make this place appear peaceful, healing and above all - beautiful.

This is the Peace Fountain - needless to say I think it is pretty cool...


Interesting architectural details all around...


I really liked the the reflection off of the Gonda Building.


And I was absolutely fascinated by these - they are chandeliers of sorts...


In a weird way I kinda want one...


And here is Pop - surgery is scheduled first thing in the morning and he is ready to do battle.

We all are...