My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Saturday, July 12, 2008

In need of a pause...

...none on the horizon.

But sometimes it takes someone else to give you a bit of perspective. My good friend Oddybobo has had one hell of a week... Her hubby is one of the kindest men I have ever met - good daddy, good husband, good MAN. And I am so very thankful that things are looking up... God, what a scare.

Consider this a virtual hug, Oddy. I've got your back...

Meanwhile, we are gearing up to head off to the Mayo Clinic for Pop's surgery early next week. My brother is here from Phoenix and we will all be in Minnesota to offer support - in whatever way we can. The only thing I know for sure right now is that cancer sucks.

But that is most assuredly not new news to me...

I am looking for silver linings these days - you know, digging for that pony. But optimism has been a bit elusive of late. I may have to see if I can conjure some up... Please let me know if you have any ideas, okay?

Thanks.