My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

T - minus 5 days...

Until school starts.

Holy crap - it's the end of summer already. How in the heck did *that* happen?!?! It feels like just a little while ago we left on our vacation whirl wind trip of all things family and now it's time to get back into the daily grind of school, homework, dinner on time, schedules, activities... Yeesh.

For the first time I am on the same page as the girls - not ready. I have really liked the whole "sleeping in" option this summer. One of the bennies of the girls being older is that they like to sleep in too! Who knew?!?! But all of that is coming to a close... Boo.

But it is what it is - time to get another year under all of our collective belts. And at least it will be Fall - not that I feel we had much of a summer (where's my global warming, dang it?!?) but Fall is my favorite season. So there's that...

(I know. I know... Keep diggin' for that pony, Rich! It's gotta be in this pile somewhere!)

And just because I can, here is a pic taken of Sporta and Computa registration day...

At least they look ready, right??