My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Home again....

And another 1200+ miles logged on the road. Good grief - this has soooo been the summer for driving!! I am beginning to think that I need both a sherpa and a chauffeur in my next life. But I digress...

First and most importantly - Sporta came home from the hospital yesterday. While the doctors are fairly sure that dehydration and heat precipitated her collapse, it was the rest of the episode that called for hospitalization and a number of tests to be run. They are still running some cultures and what not but it looks like everything will be okay. Thank God. The whole thing certainly scared the crap out of WxMan and me... Yeesh.

The folks are hanging in there. It was good to spend some time... And it was good to get all of the stuff I have had in storage in Wyo out of storage and home. Though I must admit, driving a U-haul through South Dakota and Minnesota in high gusty winds will wear your ass OUT! Thankfully I had a co-pilot, or I would have probably lost my everlovin' mind for sure! Thanks TNT!

Today it's time to find homes for everything. Thankfully, most of the furniture already has a spot all ready to go. Like this guy for example...


Looks cozy, no?? To be honest, I would like nothing more than to curl up right there and read all day a while. Oh well... Duty calls...

At least I don't really have to drive anywhere. :)