My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Monday, August 10, 2009

And I am already there...

In Wyoming, that is. It was time to visit my folks and see how things are going plus get a couple of other tasks done that have needed to be done for some time.

One task involves driving a U-Haul home. Yeesh... Blogfodder there for sure.

At any rate - Pop continues to hang in there okay and all is rocking along. Boring is good these days. I will take it. And they seem to have finally figured out the chemo dosage so he's not hurting so much. Nothing bad about that. And let's face it - we have had enough bad for a while...

My hometown is just the same. Well... okay. Not exactly the same. The bakery closed and is now a bank (wtf??) but by in large things don't change much around here. I keep having flashbacks to 1987... Always weird.

My mom gave me a book to read - The Shack. I highly recommend it!! Wonderful wonderful book. And I needed both the lift and the imagery. Needed it bad. Very very bad. I have been way to far up in my tree of late. Going to try and get down for a while... It's either that or jump or fall and there's nothing good to be had from those scenarios, Eh? Yeah. I don't think so either... Climbing down is much better...

Anyhoo - it's not my patio, but the deck here is nice. Think I will go hang out for a while... And maybe read a little more. :)