My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Monday, October 08, 2007

There's no such thing...

...as too much love.

In the past week, there has been such a palpable hole in our hearts and in our home. WxMan wanted to start looking for new (to us) canine family members right away, and though my heart wasn't in that place yet, I know waaaaay better than to send him off to animal shelters by himself.

Gah.

Lord only knows what he would have come home with. Seriously.

And then I started looking on my own...

I have always been partial to Corgi's, and you would be amazed at the number of dogs out there looking for a home! All I did was google corgi rescue wisconsin and BAM - I saw this little face.

Meet Ms. Molly.

She is a five year old corgi/spaniel mix and was rescued from a high kill shelter in Indiana. We drove to Chicago yesterday to "meet" her at her foster home and she immediately... Well... Just look at her! How can you not love a sweet little face like that. Huh?





Computa and Sporta are in love with her. And I think she likes them okay too... (Understatement of the century.)

And me?? I think Buddy would be pleased. After all, he knew what being adopted into our family was all about. He lived it.

P.S. - I should probably mention that our other dog Taylor likes her too. She is 14 and still gets to be the boss - what's not to love?