My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Friday, October 05, 2007

Uh oh....

A well intentioned friend sent me this today...

Anyone interested in a black lab puppy?!? Contact Beth XXXX at
[insert email address here] A friend of ours rescued 6 black lab (mix) puppies out of the middle of the road on Saturday. PLEASE help find them homes - otherwise, it's Animal Control - which means they only have 5 days. We've bathed them, sprayed them for fleas and wormed them....but we can't keep them. They are currently in a kennel in my basement since I don't have a fence. I've lost count of the number of rescue groups that I've contacted, only to be turned down due to no room. Please check with every dog person you know to see if they need a puppy.


I may be in trouble...

Update: Snopes is my friend (scroll down) - I should use it more often. This *was* a legitimate email a few months ago - but not today. Heh. The good news is that all of the puppies have good homes. Just not necessarily *my* home.