My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Crazy is as Crazy does...

And good gray grief - the crazy people were out and about en masse today and they ALL wanted to talk to me.

Gah...

My poker face got a workout you would not believe as I just kept working to get the frick away from them. At the grocery store. At the furniture place (and that's a story too...), at the Wal-Mart.

Good God, the Wal-Mart... Holy Crap. Mecca for crazy.

And what is it about me that makes perfect strangers want to tell me intimate and often completely inappropriate details of their lives?? I mean, I used to deal with that a lot back in the old bar tending days - but that's part of the job! And people are drinking fer cryin' out loud!!

But in the bird seed isle at Farm and Fleet?? Gimmee a break!

I think I am going to stay home for a while. Maybe have some cards printed up. Something along the lines of:
Really - I don't care. Buh-bye now.
That could help.