My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Friday, October 19, 2007

Confession time...

Oh nothing major, people. But still...

So, how do YOU choose your dish soap? Hmmmm??? Because you like a particular brand? It's on sale? By scent?? 'Cuz you have a coupon?? How???

Me? I choose my dish soap by color.

Yup, that's right. I want my dish soap to be a pretty color. That's really all I am looking at.

Price? Meh - they're all about the same. Performance? Dude - it's soap. All works about the same. Scent?? Mountain citrus breeze mango linen cotton blossom yadda yadda yadda... Same, same, same. It's soap.

I just want a pretty color.

When we moved into the new house, I had asked WxMan to pick up some dish soap on one of his many "holy crap we just moved" runs to Wally World. What I neglected to mention, however, was what what color I wanted... Oops.

And he came home with a large bottle of Orange dish soap. Crap. Orange. Not my favorite...

But I finally got it dang near used up and the other day I spent some time perusing the colors in the dish soap isle. Pretty jeweled reds, lemony friendly yellows, fresh and verdant greens, even a few purples... But me? I went with a lovely cerulean blue. Or so I thought...


I feel so gypped.