My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Sunday, February 18, 2007

When upchuck leads to....

...God?

My world is weird, folks. It just is.

So today as the girls and I headed out for church, they were deep in a discussion weighing the merits (and I suppose disadvantages) of experiencing various forms of nausea - and the inevitable result of said nausea.

According to the wisdom of the 10 and under set, there are all sorts of parameters by which you will know whether you have upchucked, puked, barfed, hurled, etc... Endlessly discussable stuff.

But me being me (mean mom that I am) I attempted to change the subject. We were headed to God's house after all, and good, bad or indifferent, I don't want to think about upchuck in God's house, okay? I'm weird that way...

Me: "C'mon girls - can't you talk about something else for a while? Really..."

Sporta: "But Mooooom... Jesus probably upchucked a time or two!"

Computa: "No Sporta, Jesus was perfect. He probably just vomited politely."

Me: ::Bou blink:: Vomited politely?? "Uh... look. Find a new topic of conversation. NOW."

Sporta: "What? Not a good mental image, Mom?"

---------------------

Gee, do you think? Good grief.

Sugar and spice and everything nice? Not always...