My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My funny valentine...

Now keep in mind that WxMan and I do not really do much for valentine's Day - we just never have...

Another phone call in my world today...

----------------------
::ring...ring...::

Me: "Hey Babe, what's up?"

Hubby: "Well, I was just in Cub foods getting some cough drops..."

Me: "Uh oh - your throat is hurting now too??"

Hubby: "Yeah, but that's not the point."

Me: "Okay... What?"

Hubby: "Well, there were like 2 women in the whole store and about 25 guys holding flowers or some kind of candy looking totally panicked..."

Me: "Yeah..."

Hubby: "Well, I just wanted to make sure that we are still on the same page about Valentine's Day. Like we talked about last week! And I wanted to make sure that you didn't just say "No we're not doing anything" and then expect me to do something.... We're not doing anything, right??"

Me: "Right. We're not doing anything..." [I'm giggling now]

Hubby: "Okay, good. I just wanted to check... I did wish you a Happy Valentine's Day first thing this morning though!"

Me: "Yes, yes you did. I may have to blog this, you know..."

Hubby: "Okay, whatever. As long as I'm all good. Love ya. Bye!"

----------------------------

Lord, he cracks me up. It's oddly reminiscent of the time he came to me just before a holiday (my birthday?? Valentine's??) and asked...
"Hey, am I supposed to get you a present? 'Cuz you haven't given me any money yet..."
Heh. I do love that man...