My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Random Information

Blatantly stolen from Rachel at Pereiraville - as I am still deeply ensconced in the "Great Master Bedroom and Kitchen Purge / Reorganization of 2007." Also known as, "Why in the Hell do I have all of this Crap?!?!"

Gah...

So here we go!

What is your occupation? I am A Domestic Engineer - sometimes known as "Queen of all Gross Things." I'm a Mom, wife, and runner of the household.

What color are your socks right now? No socks now (birks in the morning) but later they will be black.

What are you listening to right now? The furnace run - it's cold outside....

What was the last thing that you ate? Chicken parmigiana with Cheese tortellini Alfredo and green beans almondine. I'm a good cook - the girls will appreciate it someday, I hope.

Can you drive a stick shift? Yup. I learned to drive with a 5 speed green Rabbit. We have vehicles with automatic transmissions now (and have for some time) but for mountain driving, a standard transmission is best.

If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Magenta.

Last person you spoke to on the phone? My Brother in Phoenix.

How old are you today? 36

Favorite drink to order at dinner: wine

What is your favorite sport to watch? It used to be figure skating but now?? I guess College Football. [When did that happen??]

Pets? Two dogs Buddy (11) and Taylor (13), Precious the Hamster, and a few fish that live in the office.

Favorite food? I am an omnivore - it depends on my mood.

What was the last movie you watched? Last Holiday - I thoroughly enjoyed it!

What do you do to vent anger? I blog, clean house, and generally seethe.

What was your favorite toy as a child? Wow, this is tough. I remember how much I liked to read, mostly. So I guess books were my favorite toys.

What is your favorite fall or spring? I love the Fall, Spring to me is just muddy mcmuddy - while we wait for summer. Fall is most pleasant.

Hugs or kisses? Yup.

Cherries or Blueberry? Blueberry - cherry just isn't my thing.

When was the last time you cried? The other night watching Extreme Home Makeover - that show gets me every time...

What is on the floor of your closet? shoes

Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending this to? I’m not sending this to anyone. I’m posting it.

What did you do last night? Cooked dinner, cleaned the kitchen, talked on the phone a bit, helped with homework and watched TV with the family before falling asleep on the couch. (I am trying to get out of the habit of falling asleep on the couch but it's a damn comfy sofa.

Favorite smells? Freshly mown grass, rain, vanilla, Turkey dinner, cinnamon.
What inspires you? Inspiration? Uh - guilt is a big motivator, as is duty, but inspiration? Huh - I'll have to grind on that a while.

What are you afraid of? Spiders. Definitely spiders. And failing my children - not being able to protect them...

Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Burgers are the Yum! I like mine with everything.

Favorite dog breed? I love Border Collies. Taylor is half border collie and half blue heeler - she has the border collie disposition, though. And I love Welsh Corgi's. Basically, herding breeds are my fave. (Which is not to say that I *don't* love Buddy - we think he is a Norwegian Elk Hound though not the AKC desirable coloring). He's a good boy... with a VERY big bark.)

Number of keys on your key ring? Geez - I have to look... 6. And I know what all but 2 are for. Hmmm...

How many years at your current job? Let's see, Computa will be 11 in September so 10 1/2 years. Though I have been married to WxMan for 12 1/2 years. Take your pick.

Favorite day of the week? Every day is a good day, though I am partial to Friday's.

Favorite holiday? Thanksgiving. I love all of the food and fellowship associated with that day.

What do you plan to do today?* Finish my projects in the MBR, kitchen and laundry room and then fix something really savory and yummy for dinner. It's snowing again today - it's a good day to stay cozied up inside.

Alrighty then. Off I go. And I added that last one * on - seemed a better way to finish the whole thing.