My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A phone call from my Dad...

..as best as I can recall from a few minutes ago.

--------------------

Me: Hello??

Pop: ::sounding quite subdued:: Hi Darlin' - how's your day?

Me: Good, and yours??

Pop: Well fine, I guess - except I have something that I need to tell you. I haven't been being very honest with you lately....

Me: What? [I'm a bit concerned, honestly...] What's going on??

Pop: "It's just time that I come clean about this. It's been weighing on me.

Me: "What is it?"

Pop: "Well... I'm the father of Anna Nicole's baby."

Me: ...

Pop: "The secret was bound to get out..."

Me: "Of course you are..." [man, am *I* relieved]

Pop: "I broke the news to your Mother this morning."

Me: "Ahhhh... And how did *she* take it?"

Pop: "She was shocked, as you can imagine." ::sigh::
"Well, alright then. I feel better now." ::sounding decidedly more chipper:: "I have a few more phone calls I need to make!"

Me: "Okie dokie, Pop. Happy Valentine's Day!"

Pop: Happy Valentine's to you too, Darlin'. I'll talk to you later!"

---------------------------

Heh. Is it any wonder that I have a whacked sense of humor?? Good grief.