My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Monday, August 28, 2006

WxMan ~ Mr. Romance...

Not....

So, on our way to the Windy City for a night on the town built in babysitters in tow (a.k.a. grandparents) I broached the subject to my Hubby as to what he was thinking we should do for dinner. Keep in mind, it has been AGES since we went out...

Me: "So Babe, what are you thinking for dinner tonight? Something near the hotel??"

WxMan: "Yeah, The ESPN Zone is right nearby... I have always wanted to try that place..."

Me: ...

Me: "What?? No titty bars nearby you wanted to hit tonight??" [hello, sarcasm]

WxMan: "No. The nearest one is more than three miles away..."

Me: ...

Me: "Riiiiiiiiiight. You know, I wish I were surprised that you know that."

WxMan: "What?!?! I figured you would enjoy the House of Blues more anyway!"

Me: "Gee, ya think?"

----------------------

I guess I remain in charge of my own romance.... That's okay. I am better at it anyway. And at least we get to go out to dinner. Right?