My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I must be living right or something.....

Blogger encounters with crazy assed confused and frightened wild life have become almost commonplace.

That 1 Guy over at Drunken Wisdom has had his share of run-ins. There have been mutant gophers trying to take over his place , he's dealing with gators now down in Florida, and he's even had to deal with cats! Scary, scary stuff....

Bou over at Boudicca's Voice has had her scares with gators as well but just to be really different, she had a freekin' rat move into her van! (Ages ago, and it's gone now - but still!)

Then there's Eric the Straight White Guy. Hell. Where do you even start???

He's either doing battle with the wildlife at his place, hunting down Black Widow Spiders (with T1G in tow no less), observing/ravaging a beetle orgy, or telling tales of his lovely wife having to deal with a pool playing, ball licking possum in the garage.

RSM (from When the Smoke Clears) was unfortunate enough to witness a horny squirrel having his way with an unsuspecting door mat on his deck rail. Good lord...

And now Tammi has had her own horny Squirrel encounter over at Tammi's World - though this little fella didn't have any luck - cheeky SOB that he was. And I think next time Tammi will be armed...

Me?? Well, I got pretty much none of those things going on around here. But yesterday I did find that I was unknowingly playing host to some uninvited wildlife. Snakes?? Mutant gophers?? Hostile gangs of leather-jacketed squirrels?? Oh no.... Not at my house....

I have baby bunnies in one of my front flowerboxes right under the hummingbird feeder. See??? (Click to enlarge the images...)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Now, how cute is that I ask you??? So I must be doing something right, don't you think?? Hummingbirds and baby bunnies. That's the life for me!