My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Memity, meme meme meme.....

Perfect for a Saturday. And shamelessly stolen from CalTechGirl.

What curse word do you use the most?

I am an equal opportunity swearer. All swear words have place and function.

Do you own an iPod?

Nope. I'm simply not cool enough...

Who on your MySpace "Top 8" do you talk to the most?

What the hell is this "My Space" I keep hearing about?? Is this another indicator that I am old?

What time is your alarm clock set for?

4:15am Just in case I don't wake up like I usually do at 3:56. Why 3:56?? I have no freeking idea. Stupid internal clock....

What color is your room?

The walls are a creamy cafe au lait and the trim is white.

Flip flops or sneakers?

I am with CTG here - Birkenstocks, all the way.

Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?

I am the official photographer around here....

What was the last movie you watched?

And made it all the way through without falling asleep? I have no idea.... But Harry Potter 4 is in the portable DVD player in my laundry room so I can be entertained while I fold clothes.

Do any of your friends have children?

Pretty much all of them.

Has anyone ever called you lazy?

No. At least I don't think so. I have called myself lazy from time to time....

Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep faster?

Nope.

What CD is currently in your CD player?

Collective Soul - Youth

Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?

Not a milk drinker. I'd rather have an iced tea or a glass of wine, thanks.

Has anyone told you a secret this week?

That's for me to know and you to find out....

Have you ever given someone a hickey?

Oh hell, yes...

Who was the last person to call you?

My friend Tanya - We have been friends since the second grade.

Do you think people talk about you behind your back?

A better question would be, do I give a shit? The short answer is "no."

Did you watch cartoons as a child?

Are you kidding?? Of course!! And now having kids there are new ones to watch...

How many siblings do you have?

One. A younger brother. He is an Engineer and lives in Phoenix.

Are you shy around the opposite sex?

Nope.

What movie do you know every line to?

Forrest Gump, The Cutting Edge, and pretty much all of the Harry Potter films.

Do you own any band t-shirts?

None. Maybe I should remedy that....

What is your favorite salad dressing?

Newman's Own Caesar or Ranch. Or this fabulous homemade Roquefort dressing from a restaurant in my hometown. Mmmmmm.

Do you read for fun?

Absolutely.

Do you cry a lot?

I seem to have been lately.

Who was the last person to text message you?

What the hell is a text message? This is about me getting older again, isn't it.

Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop?

Yes. Love them both.

Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos?

Maybe.

What is the weather like?

Hot. Damn Hot. And Muggy. Ugh.

Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos?

No. But just because I am married. No more dating for me (thank God).

Is sex before marriage wrong?

Not necessarily when you're with someone you're committed to. But if my girls ask me? At this stage I will say it is definitely wrong.

When was the last time you slept on the floor?

You can sleep on the floor?

How many hours of sleep do you need to function?

To function? 3-4. To function well? 8.

Are you in love or lust?

Yes. ; ).

Are your days full and fast-paced?

Usually. But today is "leisurely morning Saturday." I am just about to go get busy though....

Do you pay attention to calories on the back of packages?

Not usually. But I will do a comparison occasionally. Does the "calorie count" ever stop me from buying something that looks delicious? Never.

How old will you be turning on your next birthday?

36

Are you picky about spelling and grammar?

Yes. And I am a terrible typist - typos everywhere. I drive me crazy.

Have you ever been to Six Flags?

Yes. Not my favorite. I am not much of a "let's go on some rides" gal.

Do you get along better with the same or opposite sex?

Men. Women can be really mean. (And petty and ridiculous). But I can hold my own with either gender.

Do you like cottage cheese?

I guess so. But I *never* buy the stuff so I must not like it that much.

Do you sleep on your side, tummy, or back?

On my side or back.

Have you ever bid for something on eBay?

Nope.

Do you enjoy giving hugs?

Absolutely. But I am not an "acquaintance hugger" (you know - those people that always want to hug you when they greet you, or when you're leaving, or when you have talked to them for a while, all.the.time.) I'm into hugging good friends and family. I should probably hug my kids more.

What song did you last sing out loud?

Unwritten. By Natasha Bedingfield

What is your favorite TV show?

The 4400

Which celebrity, dead or alive, would you want to have lunch with?

Rachel Ray or Paula Deen - and I'd want to help her cook lunch. Or we could all just meet at The Lady and Sons. Either way.

Last time you had butterflies in your stomach?

Waiting for my Dad's diagnosis.

What one thing do you wish you had?

A secret superpower.

Favorite lyrics?

I agree with CTG here - far too many to pick from...

-------------------

Well, that was fun. Now it's time to get to work. Happy Saturday, y'all!