My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Out!! Damn spot!!

Can you spell irony??? Oooooh I can. Oh yes.

Wxman decided he was going to "help me out" while I was gone to Wyoming a couple of weeks ago. Admittedly, I came home to a tidy house, with the dishes done, and clean sheets on the bed. Whoohoo!

The only downside was he also cut down a tree.

Oh, okay. Well it didn't fall on the house so that's not so bad (I guess).

And he steam cleaned the living room carpet.

I can hear you now - "What's so bad about that, Rich?? He was cleaning, wasn't he??"

Well, yes. Clean carpets are a good thing. There is however, a new addition to the carpet that I can't seem to get rid of.


This is where he spilled the bottle of carpet shampoo. ---->


And though I have scrubbed and cleaned and gone over that spot umpteen times using gallons of water the spot remains.

It teases me though - you get so that you feel you have surely washed that area over enough. The spot *must* be no more - less than a day later. Whabbo! It's baaaaaaack!

One would think that would be the cleanest area of the rug too... Damn the luck....