My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Fat Lady???

She doesn't even know the fricking song yet. She can't even hum it. She can kiss my ass.

It ain't over...

I have been hesitant to blog further about my beloved Uncle Ben - if for no other reason, for fear that I would jinx the whole thing. But as Hubby reminds me often, it is not all about/or up to me. I have blogged about this entire journey from day one. So, what the hell...

He is rallying. Still hospitalized. Still in need of constant care. But rallying.

Such is the insidious nature of this fucking disease. You can go from total remission to "holy shit - it's baaaaaaack" over the course of a few short weeks. You can go from being on death's door - to asking for further treatment options. You can go from living your life - to being on the "call the family, the time has come" edge of life. It's crazy squared.

God hears our prayers, and while sometimes he says "No." Sometimes it's a "Maybe..."

I don't know - and thank God it's not up to me...

Ben is comfortable.

Sick? Yes... but comfortable. And wanting to fight. I do not expect a miracle cure - just more quality [read: pain-free] time. And everyday that I get to tell him that I love him is a gift.

Og The Neanderpundit reminded me the other day of the importance of taking every opportunity to tell the ones we love that we love them, and Jack over at Random Thoughts had me thinking about life's regrets...

I will never regret or take for granted the time I get to spend with people that I love.

I am hoping for time. But if his time has come, I have no regrets with Ben. He knows how I feel about him and I know how he feels about me. And *that* is a gift in and of itself...

Amen.