My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Do you ever feel...

....like you want to talk? That you need to talk?? And you futz around, and pick up the phone.... then put it down.... because there's no guarantee that you *can* talk. And you're pretty sure that nothing you have to say is really worthwhile anyway.

Because there is news... but no news... and plans... but no plan.

And you're sick and sad and helpless one minute, and the next you're all pulled together and "fine." But your stomach is in knots regardless. And tears just sneak up on you.

And you pick up the phone... and then put it down... and you wait.

Because, that is what is left to do...

And as a friend told me, "You can only do what you can do."

There is peace in knowing that. I just wish I could keep my hand on it...