My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Thirteen things


Thirteen Things That Really Annoy Me

1. People that feel the need to gripe. Endlessly. About.every.little.thing. All.the.time.

Look , happiness is a choice. Deal with what life hands you.... (and shut up!). And you know? It's just a shirt. Or a job. Or a donut. Move on.

2. That "Beautiful" song by James Blunt. Hey James? Can I be Blunt? [ha!] Put your shirt on, Dude. Really. Your nasal voice and the lyrics irritate me. Good luck, though. Okay? Just put your shirt on.....

3. Matchy, matchy track pantsuits uber moms with perky ponytails.

4. Tangles. And since my hair is naturally curly I always have some....

5. The nightly news or any news via the MSM. Ugh... Because.

6. Mud. Mud annoys the CRAP outta me. All through March and April I have to constantly fight the urge to pave or astroturf my backyard. Seriously.

7. Not being able to find a lighter when you want/need one. Sometimes you need fire.

8. Having to give instructions over and over again... and reitterate the need to have coats, backpacks and shoes put away. I know. I'm the only one who cares. But please can't they just pick up their stuff??

9. Did I mention mud?

10. Taxes. Paying taxes sucks.

11. Discovering something has dead batteries and then (having every other kind imaginable) not having the kind that you need. Grrrr...

12. Rude people. People that cannot find the shred of human decency to say "please" and "thank you" on a regular basis. It's just not that hard, y'all. Break out the manners...

13. And mud. (Yes, I know I am being redundant.) It makes my life hard and I hate it.

Okay, that's it! Now to re-focus on the positive!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!