My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Friday, December 30, 2005

Catch up

That's me today. I'm playing catch up. there are only 2 days left in 2005 after all, and I would like to have my world mostly squared away to greet the new year. I know, I know, it will all still be here ready to get done on Sunday -- but it would feel so nice to be all caught up and ready to go.

It's been one heck of a year for us. Lots of changes and lots of the same. (Interesting how those two truths can exist at the same time.) We celebrated 2 years living in the same place -- something I am really happy about. There has been illness and healing, miracles and catastrophe, nice surprises and nasty shocks. All of it. And this morning at Bou's place [get well soon] she set the task/meme to think of your top 10 people of 2005.
It sure is easy to dwell on the suckiest in suckville, isn't it? But who in this past year, has done something that you think just made your day or made your life just a wee bit easier? It can be someone that you met in the grocery store that did something for you unsolicited. It can be someone saying something kind when you were feeling like crap.
GuyK was the inspiration for the whole idea with this post. Here's a bit:
What I am working on is a list of the top ten of the best people of 2005. This is also a difficult list to put together because there are just so many people that I can name. For example my neighbor who watered my garden and looked after my place last spring while I was on vacation. I didn't ask him to do this-he volunteered. This is what being a good man is all about.

What an idea. This is what I will be grinding on today while I fold clothes and generally get things squared away around here. I encourage you to do the same...

Here's to the end of another rollercoaster year and to the beginning of another!

Update: (11:05am) Oddybobo already has her top 10 list done! Wow, that girl works fast....