My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Monday, August 22, 2005

I'm goin' in....



Tomorrow I am scheduled to go in for a simple procedure on my right hand. Hopefully when I show up, the surgery staff will know why I am there. Just in case, though, I have a Sharpie in my purse and won't feel bad about leaving the doctor directions. I'd like to get this done right the first time, if possible.

Now Hubby, (being supportive, mind you) had a question to ask.....

Him: "So, how long is this supposed to take? An hour? Hour and a half?"

Me: "No....Probably more like 3 1/2 to 4 hours start to finish. Why?"

Him: "The girls are taken care of, right?"

Me: "Yes. They have a play date. You don't have to worry about the girls..."

Him: "Huh. Now, you can say no............."

Me: "What? What do you want to do? Golf?" [I ask jokingly...]

Him: "Hey, now. That's a GREAT idea! Did you know there is a golf course right next to the surgery center?"

Me: :^0 "You're kidding...."

Him: "Hey! If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to get in 9 holes. But you know I am TOTALLY willing to just sit and wait for you to get done. There is sure to be a T.V. or something.... But would it be okay if I golfed instead? It's supposed to be beautiful tomorrow...."

Me: (snarkily) "Well, I guess if there's a problem you will have your cell phone with you, right?"

Him: "Oh, absolutely! And to think.... I was just going to suggest that I could maybe go and get a haircut. Great thinking about the golf option, Honey!"

Me: :^0 ::shrug:: *sigh*

Did I walk into that one or what?!? *sigh* Boys!

Update (8-23 2:15pm): Home now. Everything went fine. Had a nice nap, actually! Hubby decided to stay with me rather than golf.... what a guy. Anyhoo, I am going to go take a pill and relax with Harry Potter. Ta!