My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Fall is in the Air

Gray and drippy today. Thunderstorms on the way and the high is supposed to be 70 I think. The first day of fall....well, for me anyway. I just love fall weather -- the coloring of the leaves, shortening of the days. The lack of humidity and occasional whiff of wood smoke. Nice.

Not that we're there yet. It promises to be in the 80's again by the weekend. But this is one of those days were Mother Nature gives you a heads up. It's time to get things squared away and buttoned up for winter.

Took the girls to get registered for school yesterday. They are *very* ready to go back to school as am I. The lines were long and kids hyper. It looks like we aren't the only ones ready to get started. Now I need to get the calendars updated with all of their activities and break days. I have a feeling that "Mom, I'm bored!" is a sentence we won't be hearing much starting next week. Mmmmmmmm Fall.

Update (3:15pm): Well so much for Fall. The Weatherman was wrong (go figure) and it is 80 now and we are under a tornado watch. :p Oh well. It was a nice thought anyway.