My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Thursday, August 18, 2005

A Conversation in my Kitchen

...........*sigh*

So, in the kitchen tonight, Hubby and I are talking about mundane things that happened during our respective days and I see it again..... an odd circular dark spot in the center of the ceiling-- about the size of a nickel. I had thought it was a trick of the light before. As I reach up to touch it wondering "what the.... ???"


Hubby: "Um...that's my fault." ::guilty look::

Me (looking over sharply): "Whaddya mean 'your fault.' What the heck did you do?"

Hubby: "Trust me. You don't want to know..."
I look again. This is now looking suspiciously like a burn mark!


Me: "Are you telling me you tried to ignite some kind of BUG here?!?"

Hubby: "Um...." ::sheepish shrug::

Me: "Oh good GRIEF! Are you trying to burn the house down?!? For the love of Mike, don't DO that!"

I grab a dish towel and scrub the spot away. As he leaves the kitchen he says,
"Jeez -- I never thought to do that..... and, by the way, there is another spot by the light....."
:^0 Ask me again... How many kids do I have?