My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Hanoi Jane

....Soon to be "Jihad Jane" I imagine
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
For the love of Mike I cannot BELIEVE that this woman is at it again!! I have been resisting the urge to rant about it because so many others have done it better than me but for heaven's sake will she ever LEARN???

Citing "war veterans that she has met on a nationwide book tour have encouraged her to break her silence on the Iraq war." Oh Bullshit, Jane. You just went on a book tour and suddenly felt "validated" or whatever for the first time in a two decades and decided that you, once again, could speak truth to power. What a crock, you selfish, insipid, traitorous bitch. I am curious to see if *any* veteran would deign to speak to her (last I heard she was just spat upon). Let alone encourage this stupidity...............


In 1972, Fonda was photographed sitting in a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft tank. About her protest involvement in the Vietnam War, Fonda has apologized for her anti-aircraft tank photo, calling it an incredible lapse in judgment. She has not apologized for opposing the war.

Uh huh, Jane. And that wasn't your *only* judgment lapse either -- too bad you still haven't learned the lessons of your own past! Fortunately for Jane, there are many others who have *not* forgotten her harmful actions during that war -- and they have prepared her a lovely photo opportunity! (h/t Harvey of Bad Example).

And you know, when she leaves the moonbat coast with her patchouli troupe I hope she gets a nice big dose of reality out here in flyover country. I would be more than happy to give her a dose myself.