My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Last Day of Summer

...well, for us anyway.

School starts tomorrow. (Can I get a resounding "Yay!"??) So today will be spent rounding up and labeling the supplies (purchased a month ago), laying out clothes, and prepping back packs.

I promised A. that we could go out for Chinese food to celebrate, so lunch is all planned. (And when you're me, and sick to death of planning 3 meals a day -- that's a mini vacation all unto itself). We may have to buy new shoes too. Always fun.

I get my stitches removed today as well. This means that I can finally stop showering with a bread bag on my hand. Whoohoo! (Apologies to the bread bag shower lovers out there -- it just doesn't do anything for me.)

Then we're off to the Open House at school. Meet the teachers, drop off supplies, and *my* vacation time starts about 24 hours from now. Seven hours of quiet (!! in a row!!) if I so desire. Mmmmmmm.... quiet.