My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

And there it goes....


It's official - time to start wearing socks again... **sigh** Boo.

And Fall is usually my favorite time of year! This year though it just feels like an unwelcome transition... I am not ready...

Maybe it's just my state of mind. [ed. Gee - ya think, Rich?? Duh!!] Yeah - it's definitely my state of mind. I have been trying to heal some personal heartbreak (from multiple sources) - and not doing a very good job of it, unfortunately. Ever wish you could just excise certain things from your mind?? Permanently?? Just so you can go - "You know, I am just NOT going to think about this anymore." And then *blam* - the shit gets deleted and you can move on with your life...

Yeah yeah - be careful what you wish for. I know.

Maybe like the tree I should just try to focus on the pretty parts.

Let's see - Computa turned 13 last week. This is going to be interesting... Especially now that I have access to her daily grades online - oh yeah. Technology is a wonderful thing! (She and I are going to have a talk after school today, btw.) Now I have just got to come to terms with the whole hair and makeup aspect of being 13 in the year 2009... Hoo boy!

WxMan and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary last week as well - holy cow, time flies. Or maybe that should read holy time cow flies... It certainly boggles *my* mind! Anyhoo - we went out for yummy snacks and stand up comedy. It certainly felt good to laugh for a change...

I am looking forward to a visit with T1G and Mr. and Mrs. Bad Example later this week - that is always a good time. And sometimes I learn things! Granted, a lot of the time they are things I never *wanted* to learn (see the excise things from your mind wish above) but its good to learn things none the less. Right??

And there is always lunch.

Hey - I am good at lunch! we are focusing on the positive here, people!!

And uh...

Well...

Okay then.

I am off to find some socks... Fuzzy ones preferably.