My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

76 Trombones...

Here we go! Though 76 may be a little bit of an overstatement, there are definitely trombones in my future. And really - how often does one get to say *that* out loud?? Huh?

Sporta has chosen to play trombone in the school band next year. Also, unbeknownst to us, her best buddy in the neighborhood has chosen trombone as well. They are already planning practice sessions together. Big plans. Lots of practice.

Here. At my house.

I am soooooo going to invest in some earplugs for a while...

The good news is that my folks own a trombone - two in fact! So there will be no rental fees. Also - no reeds to buy. That should be nice.

And the kids are excited too. To be honest, the trombone really suits Sporta's personality. It's not very subtle and can be loud, shiny and flashy all at the same time. Trombones have flair!

And I am going to need earplugs. That I know for sure...
;)