My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

It's 30 degrees.

The sun is shining.

AND it is snowing...

I can't wait to get out of here.

Today, I am ordering my provisions for Belize.

Get this - for a small fee, a company will do all of your shopping for supplies (think bottled water, ketchup, fresh fruit, beer, liquor, cheese - the sky's the limit...) and they will deliver your items to your vacation destination for you.

Since there is *no* Super Wal-Mart there (by any stretch of the imagination) this makes my little "be prepared" genes very VERY happy. Happy. Like I just added local chips and salsa and Stolichnaya vodka to the list happy. This is a good thing...

Another good thing - I am up to 5 minutes in the tanning bed! ::applause:: And think I may even not completely blind people while we are there. Whoohoo!

I have a week to get ready to bug out. Whoa - a week... Now we are getting serious. I picked up my 100% deet today, more sunscreen, hats for the girls, and some fun stuff to "flavor" the bottled water with. We really need to stress the "Bottled water ONLY!!" thing with them. I think I may do a "practice pack" just to see what we really have going on here. And what else I might need. (I *am* open to suggestion, BTW.)

So really - sunny and snowing? I can deal...

But only because I have one foot out the door...