My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

How the dentist wrecked my whole day...

...not that that's a bad thing.

We just got home from a day of errands and preliminary back to school shopping. All I can say it GO BACK 1976 and 1986!! Been there, done that, bought wore the tee shirt!!! Why must bad fashion be recycled over and over again?? Why??

Detached "sleeves"? Gimmee a break!





And this dress?? I know I have seen it before - circa 1977ish?? Can I get a witness?? Don't get me wrong - I love the colors. But isn't there a *new* way to wear them?






And no - not this either....

It's a halter dress - for ten year olds?? C'mon folks...


I am not sure if it's good new or bad - but neither Sporta nor Computa were particularly enamored with the selections, colors or styles. This could get ugly. Wait! Some of it already is....

So there's that. I guess I should just try to be grateful that everything isn't showing midriff or hip bones. It's hard though... And really - if the retailers want my money the least they could do is put something cute and comfortable together. Preferably for less than $25. Is that so much to ask??

The really bad news is that we are going to have to go shopping again. I am not so fond of the shopping...

First thing this morning the girls both had dentist appointments. Having been up since 3am (thank *you* thunder storm from hell!!) it was a welcome distraction. So I grabbed my purse, my list, and a book and we headed out.

I just love out dentist - she and her staff are true professionals and really do a great job with all of us. Of course I may just be happy that we got a zero cavity report. It's hard to tell...

So I got to sit down for an hour to boot! The book?? Lean Mean Thirteen - total brain candy. I have had it here since June and not cracked the cover, knowing how hard it would be to put it down once I picked it up. And I did - I picked it up. And I am toast. No motivation to do a thing except follow along with the gang - Stephanie, Morelli, Ranger, Lula, and Grandma Mazur. It's a freeking hoot!

So home now with more storms on the horizon. The good news? I won't have to water WxMan's girlfriend (a.k.a. the lawn). The bad news? It will infringe on my enjoyment of the patio with my book and a glass of wine...

But hey - there's always the couch, right? It's all good.